March 7, 2007
UI Presidential Search Committee To Meet Friday, March 9
The University of Iowa Presidential Search Committee will meet from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, March 9 in Room N304 (Dean's Conference Room) of the UI College of Dentistry. The meeting is open to the public.
The agenda of the meeting is as follows:
1. Review and acceptance of minutes of March 2, 2007 meeting
2. Feedback from committee members
3. Continued discussion of desirable qualities and attributes of the next UI president and beginning discussion on assessments
4. Procedural matters, as needed
5. Request for executive session to continue discussion of nominations, candidates and to begin discussion of contact assignments (2/3 vote required)
Members of the Presidential Search Committee include David Johnsen, chair and Dean of the UI College of Dentistry; Professor Jonathan Carlson, College of Law; Professor Lee Anna Clark, Department of Psychology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS); Professor Elizabeth Chrischilles, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health; Associate Professor Sarah England, Physiology and Biophysics, Carver College of Medicine (CCOM); Professor Ed Folsom, Department of English, CLAS; Leonard Hadley, retired Chairman and CEO, Maytag Corporation; Dean Linda Maxson, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Professor Paul Rothman, DEO, Department of Internal Medicine, CCOM; Professor Gene Parkin, Department of Civil-Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering; Cheryl Reardon, Assistant to the Dean/VP for Research; Professor Jarjisu Sa-Aadu, Department of Finance, Tippie College of Business; and Sarah Vigmostad, graduate student in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
STORY SOURCE: University Relations, 101 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1000.
MEDIA CONTACT: Steve Parrott, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 319-335-0552, cell 319-530-6972